Installation of older ubuntu

Bill Dengler(arch Gnu/Linux) billkd2008 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 01:42:08 UTC 2013

#Here's my recommendation :
#become root
sudo -i
#upgrade to latest Ubuntu(12.04 is one release behind and I think 13.04
releases tomorrow)
do-release-upgrade
#add repo for full gnome
add-apt-repository -y ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3
#update headers
apt-get update
#install full gnome
apt-get install gnome
#exit root shell
exit
#now, you can log out and pick either gnome or gnome-session-fallback
from the sessions list, I think the display manager shows it as "gnome
classic(no effects)"

#Bill