<OT> petition for Open Document standards for US governement

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 03:32:34 UTC 2013

On 04/11/2013 01:49 AM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Well, if we keep ratchet jawing about it Basil, maybe it will get some
>> of these mugwumps to go and sign it?  So here is the link again.
>
> Can someone please tell me why I should read this nonsense? IMHO your
> local political campaigns have no place on this international list.

Well, that is your opinion, no? What goes on in the US does shape your
world, for better or worse.

I'm just wanting the 800 pound gorilla to act nice so all Nix users can
have a shot, irrespective of their country of origin, when dealing with
the US Gov. Otherwise, you'll have to have at least one computer in your
office running Windows in order to correspond at all. So yeah, while you
cannot sign the petition, you do have a dog in the fight. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html