<OT> petition for Open Document standards for US governement

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Thu Apr 11 13:15:06 UTC 2013

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 11 April 2013 08:48:18 Nils Kassube did opine:
> > Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > Well, if we keep ratchet jawing about it Basil, maybe it will get
> > > some of these mugwumps to go and sign it?  So here is the link
> > > again.>
> > Can someone please tell me why I should read this nonsense? IMHO
> > your
> > local political campaigns have no place on this international list.
>
> My only defense Nils,

I didn't expect a defense from you, especially because I know that you
didn't start this thread. Your mail just happend to be the last one in
this thread this morning.

> is that we should be leaning on all of this
> planets governments to publish their proclamations in a format that
> costs the user nothing to read, he doesn't need anything but a
> computer running linux, and a copy of LibreOffice.  No "microsoft
> tax" for a copy of windows, and no Mircosoft Tax for a copy of
> MSOffice.

See my previous reply to Basil - I don't object promoting ODF, but this
list is not the right place. There are much better places where many
more people can be reached: Slashdot, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ ...

Nils