Get update type of .deb file

Big bang theory baglio.giuseppe at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 14:49:51 UTC 2013

Colin Law-4 wrote
> I believe that the same deb file could be in multiple repositories.

Are you sure about that? It seems a little bit strange to me.

Colin Law-4 wrote
> Why do you want to find which repository it came from?

I'm working on a project dealing with security in an Ubuntu distribution:
saying if the running distribution is secure, updated and what kind of
security problem is afflicted from and an important key point is the
fetching the repository of the package. My problem is that I have a local
packages mirror, created with debmirror and rsync, but I've lost the log
files which the update type/repository information is stored in. So I'm
searching a way to fetch this info so that I can recreate a consistent  DB
of packages.

Colin Law-4 wrote
> By the way, it is preferred not to top post on this list.  Insert your
> reply at appropriate points in the previous message.  Thanks.
>
> Colin

Thank you, I didn't know about that

Giuseppe