This does NOT go towards making a good impression :-(

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 3 13:03:29 UTC 2013

On 1 April 2013 05:48, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> And so I go and download 12.04.2 Alternate iso. I burn
> it to a DVD (a CD is too small) and I boot this DVD.
> And so I reboot, press ENTER on the preselected English language, the DVD
> whirls away and gets to the next screen ------ and the bloody thing freezes
> solid again! It just sits there like a stunned mullet!

Can you tell us a bit more detail please?  When it boots first it asks
for language, then it gives the option of installing, checking the
image and so on.  On selecting Install it asks for language again,
then it asks for location.  Is that where it froze?   If so was it
showing the locations?  That seems a strange place for it to lock up.

Colin