Unity!

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 21:19:47 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I wanted vertical panels in GNOME. This is easy in Windows and
> works well in everything up to Windows 7, where it is a kludge but
> still works.
>
> It never worked worth a damn in GNOME 2, very badly in KDE and poorly in XFCE.

Hi Liam. One of the reasons that I stick with KDE is for the vertical
panel, which never worked well for me in Gnome. I would love to see a
screenshot of your Gnome vertical panel, but even more so, I would
love to know what issues you had with a vertical panel in KDE. Back in
KDE 4.2 / 4.3 I filed quite a few bugs on the KDE vertical panel and
just about all of them have been addressed.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com