Unity!

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 00:32:36 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
:

> So I wanted vertical panels in GNOME. This is easy in Windows and
> works well in everything up to Windows 7, where it is a kludge but
> still works.
>
> It never worked worth a damn in GNOME 2, very badly in KDE and poorly in XFCE.

I had huge issues with GNOME 2's vertical panels, but I find XFCE's
are easily good enough.  Yes, there are issues, but they don't
irritate me anywhere near as much as Unity's and GNOME3's complete
inflexibility with being able to reconfigure the launcher and the menu
bar (top panel) to be where I want them.

Other than that and having to experiment around to set various
features the way I can live with them, I much prefer the whole menu
system of XFCE above and beyond what I found to be a confusing mess in
Unity.

Maybe I'm just a stiff from the old school, but I like it.  (I never
liked much of anything about KDE, so I won't even go there, not even
to argue about it.)

Hope that helps.

MR