LibreOffice with Unity buggy?

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Wed Sep 19 16:13:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 04:14 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

> I've been using Linux since the Slackware floppy disk install days and
> have had nary a problem with nVidia. So, I don't use anything else. I've
> installed two new video boards in the last 6 months. Nary a burp in the
> barrel. When I installed my new motherboard, I did have to edit my bios
> to turn off the onboard graphic chipset and set it to the PCIe slot for
> it to roll. Just another learning curve and nothing to do with the
> viability of an addon video card. Ric

Fact 1
This computer used to work just fine until I upgraded to 12.04. Then the
desktop became jumpy instead of smooth in operation, sometimes
unresponsive, and LibreOffice spreadsheets in particular would screw up
big time.

Fact 2
Since I tossed out the nvidia card a couple of days ago and installed a
similar spec. (less than 20 quid, silent, fanless) AMD chipped card, the
computer has been working perfectly again.

Draw your own conclusions from the facts.

Dave