The arrow of drop-down list is reversed in rtl locals.

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Tue Sep 11 14:14:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 09:09:25AM -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:56:38 +0100
> Avi Greenbury <lists at avi.co> wrote:
>
> > Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> > > >
> > > I fail to see the problem.  The drop down arrow points down which
> > > is the direction that 'drop DOWN' is supposed to point.
> > > Left-to-right or right-to-left makes no difference to up/down.
> >
> > It's not the arrow really, it's the decoration round it. His most
> > recent image:
> >
> > http://i.imgur.com/VBBeL.png
> >
> > demonstrates it best. If you look at the left image, the lower
> > drop-down box has a red line on three sides of a rounded-edged
> > square, in order to highlight it as a button. These are on the top,
> > right and bottom sides of the square. The decoration on the drop-down
> > on the right is a full square, and actually looks complete.
> >
> > Neither is functionally broken, and neither causes the arrow to point
> > on the wrong direction, but from an aesthetic point of view, the left
> > one is not in the same style as the rest of the UI and looks very
> > clunky; it's clearly not what is supposed to happen.
> >
> Finally I got it.  The OP, in saying it needed to be 'flipped', referred
> to horizontally, not vertically.

I'm somewhat amazed nobody tried to use ASCII art to explain the issue
:)

The controls look like this:

They should look like this:

Marius Gedminas
--
Of course everyone knows that vim is the best text editor in the world. Anyone
who tells you differently is either wrong, lying, or criminally insane. (Or an