Homemade special personal characters on nano level to be used in passwords

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 18:43:56 UTC 2012

2012/9/10 Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com>:
> 2012/9/10 Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net>:

>>> I am not sure what you are trying to say here, or what's the purpose
>>> with this thread, but one idea that comes to my mind is to create a
>>> personal keyboard layout with special characters only. Then you have
>>> trivial passwords, like ”MyNameIsNotLodnert”, but before entering it
>>> you switch to your freaky layout, enter it as usual and the password
>>> is instead something like ”☺‰…≈π☠☏√…℃α♢℃℗♠☠γα” well, you get the idea.
>>> But I'm not sure if those characters are accepted in most situations.
>>>

>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> Johnny Rosenberg
>>> ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ
>>>
>> Perhaps UTF-8 characters from a foreign alphabet could be used.
>> Even the stuff that Johnny uses under his name! (Don't know if they're
>> UTG-8, or how they're made.)
>> --doug
>
> It's actually my name in Japanese, using their kind of ”alphabet” – do they still exist? I haven't seen one for years (on the other hand I didn't look for them…). I think it's more common these days with places that provides WiFi so their guests can use their own laptops, tablets or whatever they bring.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

> every character is a sound, in most cases a consonant followed by a
> vowel, I think in my case it's something like ”Jony Rosenbaga”, but
> it's the closest you'll get in Japanese, I think. I don't speak or
> write Japanese at all, even though I would like to learn – I just
> entered my name in Google translate (Swedish–Japanese) and copied the
> result to a phrase in AutoKey, which is a text expansion/replacement
> utility for Linux and X11, so all I do to type my signature is to type
> ”kregj”… I also use my own keyboard layout, but that's maybe a
> different story…
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg
> ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

By the way, if you use something like KeePassX (available in the
repositories), you don't even need to enter your passwords. You can
let KeePassX copy the right password to the clipboard or even
auto-type them at the right place. All you need to be portable is to
keep your password database on a USB stick and a key file on another
one (or the same one, but I guess it's safer to keep it separate from
the database), and then you only need to find an Ubuntu computer with
KeePassX installed…

Internet cafés