Homemade special personal characters on nano level to be used in passwords

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 18:37:21 UTC 2012

2012/9/10 Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net>:
> On 09/10/2012 12:19 PM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>>
>> 2012/9/10 user1 <bqz69 at telia.com>:
>>>
>>> Has anyhbody heard of homemade special characters on nano level to be
>>> used in passwords?
>>>
>>> Should make it more difficult to break such passwords.
>>>
>>> Your complete personal password.
>>>
>>> Just a suggestion but it is important with mostly unbreakable passwords
>>> in this ubuntu users world?
>>
>> I am not sure what you are trying to say here, or what's the purpose
>> with this thread, but one idea that comes to my mind is to create a
>> personal keyboard layout with special characters only. Then you have
>> trivial passwords, like ”MyNameIsNotLodnert”, but before entering it
>> you switch to your freaky layout, enter it as usual and the password
>> is instead something like ”☺‰…≈π☠☏√…℃α♢℃℗♠☠γα” well, you get the idea.
>> But I'm not sure if those characters are accepted in most situations.
>>

>> Kind regards
>>
>> Johnny Rosenberg
>> ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ
>>
> Perhaps UTF-8 characters from a foreign alphabet could be used.
> Even the stuff that Johnny uses under his name! (Don't know if they're
> UTG-8, or how they're made.)
> --doug

It's actually my name in Japanese, using their kind of ”alphabet” –
every character is a sound, in most cases a consonant followed by a
vowel, I think in my case it's something like ”Jony Rosenbaga”, but
it's the closest you'll get in Japanese, I think. I don't speak or
write Japanese at all, even though I would like to learn – I just
entered my name in Google translate (Swedish–Japanese) and copied the
result to a phrase in AutoKey, which is a text expansion/replacement
utility for Linux and X11, so all I do to type my signature is to type
”kregj”… I also use my own keyboard layout, but that's maybe a
different story…

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ