Last of my Questions About 12.04.1 LTS (for now)

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Sat Sep 8 16:29:38 UTC 2012

Folks,

OK I have completed all the research and now have only the following questions:

1. If Xscreensaver is running how do I disable the locking? I have tried all the
settings I can find, yet when I close my laptop with it plugged in and not
running on battery. When I close the lid it will require a password when the lid
is opened. The only way I have found is to disable the screen saver.

2. I have Xfce4-session and GNOME packages (-shell, -session-fallback and
-session) installed; will removing them cause any serious problems with the
Unity desktop?

Yep, Unity won this one.

Cheers,
Jay