LibreOffice with Unity buggy?

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Wed Sep 5 10:22:07 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 12:33 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> OK, so you do have the drivers installed. Not the latest version,
> though; that /could/ be a problem.
>
> From a later message, I see that you have updated slightly & so far
> things are behaving, is that right?

Not really.

I'm wondering if there's some strange interaction with Chrome. When I
started up LibreOffice Calc just now, with Chrome running on another
desktop, it was overwriting the row and column headers again, sort of
like the screen grab. Did you take a look at that?

When I shut down LibreOffice then Chrome, then started up LibreOffice
again, everything looked normal.

So what the hell's going wrong I have absolutely no idea.

I'm feeling reluctant to install the latest version from libreoffice.org
or whatever it is, because when I did it on the old laptop it came as
dozens of separate .deb files instead of one. Maybe there's still a
single command to remove it if something goes wrong?

Dave