Re: Preventing ”secret” files from popping up

Bahn, Nathan nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 16:53:57 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 5:25 AM, Johnny Rosenberg
<gurus.knugum at gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's say that I'm the only one who use my computer, and my file
> collection is a mix of things. Some of the files are ”secret” in some
> kind of way, could be any reason, of course. Maybe some kind of files
> for work, maybe just too private files, whatever.
>
> So I hit the magic key combination (in my case Super+space, I think
> default is Super only) to search for files. Before I enter anything, a
> couple of my last viewed files appear. Some of them may be files that
> I don't want someone who's looking at the screen should see.
>
> Can I prevent certain files from appearing there, at least as long as
> I am not searching for them specifically? Or can I prevent files
> inside a certain folder to appear?
> Or do I just need to create a separate user for those files?
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg
> ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

J.R.--
I probably do not understand your situation correctly, but how about
creating a "guest" account?  I BELIEVE that it is possible to set up
two or more accounts (I just do not know how it is done.).  That way,
your "guest" can use your computer and you can rest easy that s/he
cannot snoop around your files.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html ,
http://www.libreoffice.org/ & http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument
(Nathan Bahn)