problems with flash (youTube) videos and VLC can't read DVDs

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 24 18:51:19 UTC 2012

On 10/24/2012 09:55 AM, Bill Stanley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently installed Xubuntu 12.04 and am having some video
> problems.  The two problems are probably unrelated.
>
> The first issue is the videos appearing on YouTube.  While I can view
> the videos, everything has a bluish color.  I read that this might be a
> problem with the Flash plugin.  Is there any solution to this problem?

Try it with flash off. Many of the newer youtube videos are also
available in WebM format, which by default is enabled in Firefox.
Sample url:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeXMxuNNlE8&feature=g-logo-xit>
Note: no preference, I just picked one from the youtube page.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/PlayingDVDs