problems with flash (youTube) videos and VLC can't read DVDs

Bill Stanley bstanle at wowway.com
Wed Oct 24 16:55:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have recently installed Xubuntu 12.04 and am having some video
problems.  The two problems are probably unrelated.

The first issue is the videos appearing on YouTube.  While I can view
the videos, everything has a bluish color.  I read that this might be a
problem with the Flash plugin.  Is there any solution to this problem?

The second problem involves VLC not being able to read (decrypt) DVD's.
  I looked on VLCs website and they say that libdvdcss is needed.  I
went ti the Ubuntu software repository and several packages say they
install it.  I tried them and libdvdcss was not installed.  I used a
file search utility and it could not find it anywhere on the system.  I
need to properly install this.  What must I do?

Bill Stanley