Odd machine behaviour

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 11:18:02 UTC 2012

On 30 November 2012 11:02, Amichai Rotman <amichai at iglu.org.il> wrote:

> I'd blame the KVM. What kind of KVM is it?
>
> Verify the BIOS settings for the Power Management policy.
>
> By the way, if you connect to the machine remotely, why do you even need a KVM?

Good point & good questions.

> It isn't a Hibernation issue, because what you describe regarding the machine is still on, means it is not turned off by Hibernation. What *does* it say in the logs at the time it occurs?

Agreed.

The other thing I was going to suggest, but forgot, was:

* Would it be possible to connect another PC as a serial terminal to
the back of the flakey machine, to verify what if anything was still
working when it experiences a problem?

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884