2 pane, swiss army knife file manager?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 20 13:26:10 UTC 2012

On 20/11/12 17:41, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 11/20/2012 12:00 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> On 20/11/12 11:49, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> On Monday 19 November 2012 19:47:16 Basil Chupin did opine:

[...............

>>> Not a thing Basil.  But if I click on a graphics file, it will show
>>> it to
>>> me, but its own screen will be destroyed in the process, unrecovereble
>>> ANAICT.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Gene
>>
>> As I said, something wrong at your end :-) . I can view any graphic I
>> want without losing mc when I close the graphic.
>>
>> Next.........:-)
> Gene is using the noveau <sp?> driver which has a ways to go. I think
> he wouldn't get that tearing if he managed to install the nvidia
> driver with hockey. But, his custom kernel seems to mung that up. Ric

That would explain it - the use of nouveau driver.

But if he compiled his own kernel correctly then he should be able to
compile the nVidia driver for it. I compile my own nVidia driver every
time, each time a new version is released (or even a beta, as in the
latest one 310.14).

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.9.3 & kernel 3.6.6-1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor