problem with cryptkeeper (2nd time)

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Mon Nov 12 13:44:44 UTC 2012

On 12/11/12 13:10, Colin Law wrote:

> Not a solution for your underlying problem, but if you are stuck, and
> since you were able to access it under 10.04, you may be able to
> access the data by booting off a 10.04 live CD/USB.  If this works it
> might be informative to know whether you can access it booting off a
> live 12.04 image.
>
> I presume you have tried decrypting a previous backup of the file
> using your upgraded system.
>
> Also it might be worth logging on as a different user to decrypt it in
> case it is something in your user settings that has gone awry, though
> that does not look likely.
>
> Colin

Colin,
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I have a 10.04 somewhere as a vmware
guest and will try that. I didn't use a backup but the normal encrypted
file as it was in my home directory and I assume that an upgrade honours
that and doesn't touch files there.
However, I cannot imagine that something in cryptkeeper has changed as
the version hasn't changed.
I'll let you know the results,
Joep