Fwd: [ PFIR ] EFF calls Ubuntu's Amazon search result feature a "major privacy problem"

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Thu Nov 1 15:50:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 05:47:29PM -0400, Jack Wallen wrote:

> On 10/30/2012 05:35 PM, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> >Ouch.

Just because you use and enjoy a feature doesn't make it secure.
Also, it amazes *me* how many people don't realize that integration
can be achieved without sacrificing privacy or security.

> If you're really that concerned about security and privacy,
> disconnect your computer from the network and have at it.

I assume you think EFF is a bunch of paranoid simpletons. Yes, I know you
didn't say that but that's the inference.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,