reinstall ubuntu urgent

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Wed May 9 21:45:08 UTC 2012

On 09-05-12 22:18, NoOp wrote:
> On 05/08/2012 03:51 AM, Joep L. Blom wrote:
>> On 08-05-12 11:12, Nils Kassube wrote:
>>> Joep L. Blom wrote:

> I'd also check for CPU thermal temperature. I have a backup system where
> the desktop would freeze at 52C. It would hit that temp whenever the CPU
> pegged at ~100% for a short time (apt-xapian-index comes to mind), and
> I'd need to power down via the power button. I finally found some time&
> tore it apart the other day, cleaned the CPU etc., applied new thermal
> grease, fired it back up&  it's been rock solid since.

glgx,
Thanks for your attention to my problem. Actually it looks like the
problems are hardware related as when I run a Live CD (XUBUNTU 11.10)
the system mysteriously halts often with screen saver and sometimes the
HD light is continuously on and lastly sometimes the keyboard is
unresponsive. Therefore, I will take the system apart, clean all boards
and contacts (and ventilators, etc. of course) and then will see if the
problems still exist.
Joep