Is there a way to associate a program to a Dash filter?

Avi Schwartz ubuntu-users352 at cfftechnologies.com
Mon May 7 22:42:04 UTC 2012

Ubunt 12.04 is my first foray into Unity. I stuck to my previous Ubuntu
version until it was no longer supported and now I am trying to tweak
Unity into something I can live with.

Thanks to Gooogle I figured out how to create a new launcher for a
program and how to add it to the Unity Launcher (I cannot believe how
much manual labor is need here.)
Any way, now that I have the launcher for my program, how do I add it to
one of the existing filters?
For example, I created a launcher for IntelliJIDEA and now I want to add
it to the Dash's Developer filter.
Is there a way to do this?

Avi