reinstall ubuntu urgent

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue May 8 08:00:35 UTC 2012

On 8 May 2012 07:47, Joep L. Blom <jlblom at neuroweave.nl> wrote:
> I normally backup all my systems daily (using BackupPC) but this system - as
> it is the replacement of an old Windows system - hadn't been backed-up yet
> (stupid!) as it has the same name as the old one but a completely different
> directory set-up. Of course that will be the first thing I will do after
> restoration!.

Backup before you do anything else.  Boot off the usb stick and backup
from /home on your hard disk from there.

By the way, to get to the manual partitioning page in the installer
select "Something Else" on the page with the install options.

There is no point installing 11.10 and then upgrading to 12.04, go
straight to 12.04.

Colin