Oracle Coherence increasing Swap Utilization

Akash Jain akash.delhite at gmail.com
Thu May 3 18:30:24 UTC 2012

We are using Oracle Coherence on linux servers. However, we noticed that
because of Coherence processes running, often our swap utilization %
increases too much, sometimes becoming more than 98%, even touched 100% a
few times.

Once we kill all the coherence related processes, then it becomes normal.

Is there any way we can make coherence processes to only use a particular
size of Swap space ?

Currently increasing swap space is not in our scope.

Please suggest.