12.04 Beta KVM spice guest display problem

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Fri Mar 23 21:30:26 UTC 2012

> Thinking I might have set something up wrong, I created a new VM with
spice as the display protocol. It did the same thing with the CPU spiking
and staying there.

It will be interesting to find out what the problem is. Every few months I
look at how spice is progressing. It's nice to hear that the new Ubuntu will
include an updated virt-manager, and qemu-kvm components.

I've been interested in video performance mainly: the ability to watch a
video running within the guest while logged in remotely. Turns out that
Virtualbox has that ability now, as does Microsoft's current versions of
Remote Desktop running on 11.10's version of qemu-kvm. (However, this only
works with guests running the latest OSes, like Windows 2008 Server R2, and
I believe Windows 7)

Too bad Virtualbox doesn't have 'server' features.