12.04 Beta KVM spice guest display problem

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Fri Mar 23 19:43:45 UTC 2012

Hello,

I just installed 12.04 (amd64) beta to test it out. I copied over a
working WindowsXP VM from my 11.10 install. I booted it up and was able
to connect to the display with vnc through virtmanager. I shutdown the
VM and switched the video to spice. Upon starting the VM again, my CPU
went to 100% and stayed there until I did a force off to the VM.
Thinking I might have set something up wrong, I created a new VM with
spice as the display protocol. It did the same thing with the CPU
spiking and staying there. Does anyone having a working KVM with spice
as the display under 12.04?

Thank you,
James