Mounting Partition under Ubuntu

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 14 00:23:58 UTC 2012

On 14/03/12 02:53, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am triple booting my machine and have openSUSE, Ubuntu and Windows
> (for emergency) on the same machine. I had to format one partition due
> to some reason. I did it using Windows. Now, when Ubuntu boots its
> throws that message about partition not found hit M for manual and S
> for skipping. Under openSUSE I just opened the Yast Expert Partitioner
> and remounted the partition. There is no such option under Ubuntu
> where I can create a mount point for it so that it mounts the
> partition when the system boots. The reason I need this is I am using
> Dropbox where the folder it is synced to is inside that partition and
> since it doesn't find that partition at boot it gives error and I have
> to go through DB settings every single time.
>
> Question: Is there any GUI based solution under Ubuntu like SUSE's
> expert partitioner which allows a user to recreate or mount partitions
> which stays after reboot?
>
> Best
> Swapnil

Shouldn't you be able to enter this manually yourself in fstab? The
Partitioner is only doing this but doing this without your physical
intervention. Go into fstab and create the entry.

BC

--
The vulgar crowd always is taken by appearances, and the world consists chiefly of the vulgar.
                    Niccolo Machiavelli