They broke my firefox video!!

Tom Poe tompoe at meltel.net
Wed Mar 7 04:51:07 UTC 2012

On 03/06/2012 05:03 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
> Jeeeezzz... after last night's flurry of updates, I now get this open
> chest looking icon display where videos are supposed to happen. Right
> clicking doesn't identify what it is... I just tried YouTube and it
> shows the open chest icon first, then shows a box with a red crossed
> circle that complains no file. It was all working nicely before I went
> to bed. Crimminy.... BAH! And we were just complaining about Fedora. Ric

Ric:  I'm running 11.10, and have reinstalled twice due to updates that
crashed video.  I now have third iteration of 11.10, and have refused
all updates.  Still running smooth.  I too, am convinced the updates are
seriously flawed, either with chromium updates, or gnash updates.  I've
tried reinstalling both, with no luck, no change, no clue as to what the
issue is.  Good luck.  Let me know, since I would like to be able to
keep up with updates on my old desktop computer a little longer.
Tom