Problems getting GLX running

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 20:53:56 UTC 2012

On 06/15/2012 10:13 AM, Barry Premeaux wrote:
> I am running Ubuntu 10.04 (32bit) on an AMD Athlon.  Video is an ATI
> RS690/Radio X1200.  I have fglrx 2:8.723.1 installed.  Both glxgears and
> fglrxinfo give me Segmentation fault's.  I reinstalled fglrx but still
> get the same results.  I have yet to find a solution on google.  Any
> help would be appreciated.

Barry, can you update easily? There's been many improvements made since
10.4, so that would be my best advice. Otherwise, there is an admin tool
to configure AMD video chip sets, I wrote about this once before and I
forget the name of the app. But, it is in the recent version of Ubuntu
repos. Just go to your AMD chipset web site and you should see the
application there, plus the Linux version. Then, do a synaptic search to
see if it's available for 10.4 and use that instead of a roll-your-own
version. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html