Problems getting GLX running

Barry Premeaux bpremeaux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 23:18:15 UTC 2012

> >Barry, can you update easily? There's been many improvements made since
10.4, so that would be my best >advice. Otherwise, there is an admin tool
to configure AMD video chip sets, I wrote about this once before >and I
forget the name of the app. But, it is in the recent version of Ubuntu
repos. Just go to your AMD >chipset web site and you should see the
application there, plus the Linux version. Then, do a synaptic >search to
see if it's available for 10.4 and use that instead of a roll-your-own
version. Ric

I'll probably just move the desktop to 12.4.  I'm still trying to get use
to Unity on my laptop, and have been keeping 10.4, and gnome, on the
desktop because it's familiar territory.  For now, it is nice to have GLX
working again.  Wish I knew exactly what I did to kill it so that I could
avoid doing that again.

Barry