Netbeans 7.1.2 icon is not showing in Unity bar

Andrew d~_*b theunknownandrew at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 04:34:01 UTC 2012

On Thu 24 May 2012 1:01:36 PM Monte Milanuk wrote:
> On 05/24/2012 05:52 AM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
> > Atl tab is not showing any netbens.
>
> I've had similar problems with Eclipse... another predominantely *Java*
> based application.  Some times it will show up in the Unity
> Launcher/dock correctly, some (most) times it will not.  I'd asked on
> askubuntu.com and others noted the same problem (with Eclipse) and it
> seems the consensus is that something involving the Java-based apps does
> not fully conform to or integrate with the the standard that Unity uses...

A search of Launchpad showed the below BUGS for Java + Unity

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/757991 : java applications a double icon
appears
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/779802 : dock fails to autohide some
java applications
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/799887 : Java application
can crash unity-window-decorator (compiz-decorator)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1745436 : Unity global menu not
working with Java application - had to switch to classic desktop

But i guess you will find this interesting :
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/fabriziogiudici/archive/2010/11/10/running-
netbeans-ubuntu-unity-application-launcher : Running NetBeans from the Ubuntu
Unity application launcher

I however have no experience with this issue since I am on KDE

-- &RU Chelladurai