Moving My System to a New Disk After a Crash

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Sun Jul 29 15:28:04 UTC 2012

Hi All,

My old 500GB hard drive crashed and I lost my Ubuntu box. Luckily, it was
under warranty, so I sent it to be replaced.

In the mean time I installed a clean 12.04 box on an old 80GB hard drive
(was running a Windows XP backup system I never used).

I got it back after 6 weeks. Seems to be the very same hard drive - it has
a sticker on saying it was refurbished...

1. Can I trust a refurbished drive?
2. What's the best way to move my current system from the 80GB drive to the
"new" 500GB drive?

Thanks,

Amichai.