Trouble With Drive.....

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 02:50:58 UTC 2012

I am having a problem with a hard drive.
I currently have a standard install of Ubuntu 12.04 on my Dell Inspirion
laptop, I have acquired a drive from a computer that is 320 GB it's a
Western Digital with lots of corporate data on it that I must remove. I
have mounted this drive and it doesn't allow me to access the
information. I can see the Western Digital's "portion" of the drive,
which is small, and apparently it protects the drive in some fashion, it
seems that it might have locked me out of the access loop, while I can
see the small WD portion of the drive, the giant 320GB part is not
visible nor accessible, can anyone help me with this problem? If I'm not
explaining this right, I'll try to clarify it better....

Thanks!