NFS performance (can't use "async")

Wipe_Out wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 19 11:04:39 UTC 2012

On 19 July 2012 11:25, Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which would leave the network and the interface config. Have you
> ensured that the NFS mount is being made with the exact same options
> under both operating systems and that the network interface which the
> data is flowing over is configured in the same manner?
>
> Is this v3 or v4 NFS?
>
> I only use NFS under AIX (and even then, we only use v3) so I can't
> comment on any particular aspect of NFS throughput under Ubuntu or
> FreeBSD but that's where I'd start comparing configs and set-up. It's
> a hell of a difference you're seeing there so I suspect it's something
> fundamental rather than a piss-poor Ubuntu implementation.
>
> --
>
> Hi Steve,

Both are exported and mounted NFSv3 and looking at the /etc/exports files
of the two systems I couldn't see anything significantly different between
them..

Using the exact same hardware so the NIC's, cables and switch is the
same.. The network aspects of the kernels may be tuned differently but not
sure how to compare these..