NFS performance (can't use "async")

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 10:25:42 UTC 2012

On 19 July 2012 11:10, Wipe_Out <wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I don't think its file system related because of all the file systems ZFS
> and BtrFS should have the biggest overhead but switching from ext4 to BtrFS
> didn't change the performance results..

Which would leave the network and the interface config. Have you
ensured that the NFS mount is being made with the exact same options
under both operating systems and that the network interface which the
data is flowing over is configured in the same manner?

Is this v3 or v4 NFS?

I only use NFS under AIX (and even then, we only use v3) so I can't
comment on any particular aspect of NFS throughput under Ubuntu or
FreeBSD but that's where I'd start comparing configs and set-up. It's
a hell of a difference you're seeing there so I suspect it's something
fundamental rather than a piss-poor Ubuntu implementation.

--
Steve