Thunderbird does not ask for password when sending second mail !!!

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 15 05:46:55 UTC 2012

On 14/07/12 11:11, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 07/13/2012 04:00 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> What his question is really asking, "How can I configure Thunderbird so
>> that it shuts down *everytime* and then restarts *everytime* so that I
>> have to enter my password *everytime* I write an e-mail before it is
>> sent?"
>

> If the REAL problem is that the OP's gmail account is getting pwned,
> then setting up two stage passwords will end that, toot-sweet. Plus,
> he'll sure as heck be entering his password each time. It annoyed the
> hell outa me. :) Ric

Which is another "complication" overlooked: the OP is using a google
account - and google collects data about all users of their
applications, including google itself which is why I have always said
that "google is NOT your friend".

People cry "security!" but use google.... Contradiction in terms there
somewhere.....

> p/s If someone is using your machine without your permission, after
> you told them not to, you could just bust them in the mouth. <cackles>
> Ric

Nah. You ever see the film called PALE RIDER with Clint Eastwood? What
is really appropriate here to your comment above is the scene where CLUB
(Richard Kiel) splits the big rock with one hit of the sledge hammer and
Clint then uses his own sledge hammer to hit Club in the balls.......
None of this 'busting in the mouth' crap....:-D

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 & kernel 3.4.4.2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor