Thunderbird does not ask for password when sending second mail !!!

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 13 07:27:18 UTC 2012

On 13/07/12 15:37, Jkhatri wrote:
> On 07/12/2012 01:32 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> On 11/07/12 15:57, Jkhatri wrote:
>>> Dear all
>>>
>>> I'm using thunderbird 13.0.1 on my ubuntu 12.04,
>>>
>>> when I start Thunderbird for the first time during a day it asks for
>>> password to receive the mail , and it also asks for password when I
>>> send first new email or reply to any received mail, thats ok , but
>>> after that done successfully whenever I try send/reply to 2nd mail
>>> it does not ask for password it simply sends the mail. I want to
>>> configure Thunderbird to ask for password each and every time I send
>>> mail , is there any configuration available in Thunderbird ???
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Warm Regards
>>> ./
>>> Jatin khatri
>>
>> (I know that I just should not get involved in this, but being a
>> student of how to resolve problems asked by some people - I cannot
>> resist...)
>>
>> Jatin, why EXACTLY are you asking this question?
> Security issue ...   suppose you are not in front of your laptop after
> receiving your mail, say you gone out for some time ... meanwhile
> someone comes and send a Email from your TB with a doc. as attachment
> ...which you do not want to share with orhters.... what you can do
> after mail is already sent ???????.....

So, THIS is your real concern - security when you decided to leave your
computer/laptop for a few minutes to go to the toilet of have a
cigarette or get a cup of tea, right?

I have already answered this question when I responded to what Gilles
wrote: LOCK SCREEN when you want to leave your computer. It takes just 2
simple clicks of the mouse to achieve this.

I think that you need to explain why you are so concerned about this.
Knowing the real reasons for your concern is most important in helping
you with your concern.

WHY are you so worried about someone using your computer/laptop to post
some message, and with attachment, while you may step away from your
computer/laptop?

What I wrote about LOCKING SCREEN is more than enough to satisfy your
concern as the way you described it so far. Is there more to your
concern than you have said so far?

If you feel that you want to discuss this privately and not in this
public mail list then please do not hesitate to send me a private
message and I will be glad to help you.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.2 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 & kernel 3.4.4.2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor