Can't log into Ubuntu

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 3 06:38:21 UTC 2012

On 3 July 2012 03:17, Nick Bikkal <29.whitesnake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/02/2012 08:55 PM, Patrick Asselman wrote:
>>

>> He might want to know how to get there:
>>
>> Hold down the Shift key during bootup, when the grub menu shows up select
>> Recovery Mode.
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Patrick Asselman
>>
> Patrick and all,
>
> Yes, thank you all. That helped. Also, you guessed right, I'm new on
> Ubuntu/Linux and am beginning to take my first steps. It seems to have
> cleaned up memory. Is this something I must do regularly? Added problems
> were that I lost mail as well as all my GE settings. I'd have to re-install
> GE possibly.

What do you mean "it seems to have cleaned up memory"?

> I have loads of memory and disk space. It's not a problem. I believe I need
> to learn how to work with memory so I don't have these problems again.

You should not have to do anything with memory.  Was it disk space you
ran out of?  If so then what was it that consumed the space?

> BTW, I know this is an Ubuntu list but has anyone tried Android for PCs or
> iOS or OSX?

If you want to ask a question unrelated to the original problem it is
better to start a new thread.  But as you say this may not be an
appropriate question for this list anyway.

Colin