remaster ubuntu alternate

Amaury VH avhernandez at uci.cu
Mon Jul 2 16:06:14 UTC 2012

On 07/02/2012 11:38 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 2 July 2012 16:22, Amaury VH<avhernandez at uci.cu>  wrote:
>> On 07/02/2012 11:07 AM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
>>>
>>> You can use Lubuntu, if that not works then try Knoppix. Believe me
>>> Knoppix works fine in low ended PCs
>>>
>> The principal problem is that I want to remaster this image with new
>> programs and applications, remastersys is a good tool, but it use the
>> ubiquity installer, and ubiquity does not work in computers with low
>> hardware performance, then i need to use the debian installer
>
> I agree with Ashickur.
>
> There is already a good Ubuntu variant for low-power PCs - it is
> Lubuntu: http://lubuntu.net/
>
> If it is still too demanding, there are not many super-lightweight
> Linux distributions left:
> * Puppy - http://puppylinux.org
> * Crunchbang - http://crunchbanglinux.org/
> * Vector - http://vectorlinux.com/
>
> If you want to stay in the Ubuntu "family", try Lubuntu.
>
> It has an "alternate installer" CD image available which uses the
> text-based installer.
>
> If it does not meet your needs, Lubuntu has a good mailing list where
> I suggest you ask.

i am thinking to use lubuntu, but if you need to install 30 computers is
very dificult to install 30 times lubuntu and then install the
applications need in those machine,
I need to remsater the ubuntu alternate cd to build an image with all
this application, changing some things, as the boot image, the desktop
background, and more.

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci