remaster ubuntu alternate

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 15:38:14 UTC 2012

On 2 July 2012 16:22, Amaury VH <avhernandez at uci.cu> wrote:
> On 07/02/2012 11:07 AM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
>>
>> You can use Lubuntu, if that not works then try Knoppix. Believe me
>> Knoppix works fine in low ended PCs
>>
> The principal problem is that I want to remaster this image with new
> programs and applications, remastersys is a good tool, but it use the
> ubiquity installer, and ubiquity does not work in computers with low
> hardware performance, then i need to use the debian installer

I agree with Ashickur.

There is already a good Ubuntu variant for low-power PCs - it is
Lubuntu: http://lubuntu.net/

If it is still too demanding, there are not many super-lightweight
Linux distributions left:
* Puppy - http://puppylinux.org
* Crunchbang - http://crunchbanglinux.org/
* Vector - http://vectorlinux.com/

If you want to stay in the Ubuntu "family", try Lubuntu.

It has an "alternate installer" CD image available which uses the
text-based installer.

If it does not meet your needs, Lubuntu has a good mailing list where
I suggest you ask.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884