No command 'rvm' found

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Sat Jan 28 20:20:11 UTC 2012

Thufir Hawat wrote:

> confirmed that this is the correct way.  Why doesn't it work?

There's a clue in this line:

> Upgrading the RVM installation in /home/thufir/.rvm/

The RVM executable is probably in that directory somewhere, almost
certainly in one which is not in your $PATH. You can probably do a
search for it by doing

find /home/thufir -name rvm -type f -print

Which will print a list of files (not directories [that's what the
-type f does]) that are named 'rvm' in that directory.

Running it at its full path will likely run it normally, and then you
simply need to add that directory to your $PATH.

I don't know for sure if that works, though, so try that and see what
happens, if it works and you don't know how to add it to your $PATH,
reply and we'll do that. There may well be a more 'proper' way to do
this, but I'd expect it to be pretty clearly documented were that the
case.

--
Avi