No command 'rvm' found

Thufir Hawat hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 10:25:21 UTC 2012

As per http://beginrescueend.com/rvm/install/ I tried installing RVM:

thufir at tleilax:~$
thufir at tleilax:~$ bash -s stable < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/
wayneeseguin/rvm/master/binscripts/rvm-installer)Downloading RVM from
wayneeseguin branch stable
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
Speed
100  799k  100  799k    0     0  99596      0  0:00:08  0:00:08 --:--:--
142k

Upgrading the RVM installation in /home/thufir/.rvm/
    Not adding rvm loading line to /home/thufir/.profile as /etc/
profile.d/rvm.sh already loads rvm.

Upgrade Notes:

  * No new notes to display.

# RVM:  Shell scripts enabling management of multiple ruby environments.
# RTFM: https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/
# HELP: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=rvm (#rvm on
irc.freenode.net)
# Screencast: http://screencasts.org/episodes/how-to-use-rvm

# In case of any issues read output of 'rvm requirements' and/or 'rvm
notes'

Upgrade of RVM in /home/thufir/.rvm/ is complete.

# thufir,
#
#   Thank you for using RVM!
#   I sincerely hope that RVM helps to make your life easier and more
enjoyable!!!
#
# ~Wayne

thufir at tleilax:~$
thufir at tleilax:~$ rvm requirements
No command 'rvm' found, but there are 20 similar ones
rvm: command not found
thufir at tleilax:~$
thufir at tleilax:~$ rvm notes
No command 'rvm' found, but there are 20 similar ones
rvm: command not found
thufir at tleilax:~$
thufir at tleilax:~$ nl /etc/lsb-release
     1	DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
     2	DISTRIB_RELEASE=10.10
     3	DISTRIB_CODENAME=maverick
     4	DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 10.10"
thufir at tleilax:~$

Now, I think I've done that right, because this person:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9042093/error-unrecognized-command-
line-argument-pkg-see-rvm-usage

confirmed that this is the correct way.  Why doesn't it work?

thanks,

Thufir