Problem installing on an Acer Aspire One

Jon Mirow gnu.mirow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 02:55:51 UTC 2012

Hi there, Just for future reference, the best way I've found to convert
.img to .iso is to install the ccd2iso package and  run

ccd2iso /path/to/img.img /path/to/new/iso.iso

Also Ubuntu start-up disk creator is only meant for making ubuntu usb's -
obviously it'll work for close ubuntu clones such as mint, but not for
things such as SUSE usbs - I tend to start with unetbootin then to dd if
it's not supported. Not had cause to use usb-imagewriter yet, but good to
know of! another weaon to the cause :)

Regards