Cloud spreadsheet?

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Sun Jan 8 01:33:53 UTC 2012

Amedee Van Gasse wrote:

> A quick google search on "ubuntu one hipaa" does not point to any
> evidence that Ubuntu One is HIPAA compliant. So, unless someone can
> point to an official Ubuntu document, I conclude that Ubuntu One is
> not HIPAA compliant. It's secure, that's true, but not officially
> HIPAA compliant, and that's all that the pencil pushers need to know
> to allow or deny it.

I know I've seen ads for consultants who do HIPAA compliancy on Google
Docs, but presumably it's quite expensive.

If Ubuntu One is the sort of thing your after were it in-house (though
it really doesn't sound like it is), sparkleshare might be worth a
look. It's sort-of a self-hosted $dropbox-clone.

I've not come across anything that does in-house google spreadsheet -
it's a pretty hard thing to make. I'd imagine if anyone did, LO/OOo
would get there first in FOSS.

--
Avi