Os on a 700 MHz (celeron) machine

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jan 4 16:03:21 UTC 2012

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 15:55:51 +0000
ghana.computeraid at gmail.com wrote:

> Anybody can make any suggestions ? I guess ubuntu is to heavy.

You could try Lubuntu (L for light). It's not an official flavor yet,
but that team is trying to work toward it. I've loaded it onto an old
laptop I inherited (Dell Inspiron 700). It has a bit more horsepower
that a 700 mhz machine, Still, Lubuntu might be worth a try...

http://lubuntu.net/

With best regards,

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

"I just bought a 12-pound theropod for Thanksgiving Dinner."
            -- From a paleontology email list