running a simple command line tool

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Wed Feb 22 15:25:25 UTC 2012

CJ Tres wrote:
> Yes. I could have been a bit more detailed.
> I did try ./natool also, from within and outside the dir that hold
> the binary.
> Natool (or rather natool) gets the result "No command 'natool'
> found..." ./natool results in "./natool: No such file or directory"
> wherever it is run from.

Aha, I've just re-read and seen that you've installed it, which means
that it's probably not simply extracted into your current working
directory.
Normally, install scripts attempt to put the binary somewhere in your
$PATH, but he might have missed (gone for somewhere that normally is,
but in this case isn't).
Quickest would be either to peruse the Makefile.PL and/or configure
scripts to see if there's any clue, or pehaps to email the developer
and ask them. It might well be in the README or INSTALL files, too, so
that'd be worth doing before poking him.

Were did you get this package from? I'll have a go at installing it and
see if I can let you know everything it needs to get it working if you
like.
--
Avi