Password wallet in 12.04

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 20 09:54:37 UTC 2012

On 20 February 2012 09:04, David Fletcher <dave at thefletchers.net> wrote:
> I'm a bit concerned about the password wallet in 12.04. ATM I'm running
> Maverick on everything, using gpass for keeping my passwords, having
> spent some time transferring them from kwallet in the process of giving
> up on KDE.
>
> Until I get a replacement HDD for the NB520 I just bought, I'm having a
> play with 12.04 by booting it from a flash drive. The software search
> shows up other applications that I use but not gpass. For example, if I
> type "genealogy" it comes up with the gramps application but if I type
> in "wallet" it only produces kwallet.
>
> What's happening with gpass?

Looking at the home page [1] I see that the "Latest News" is dated
March 2006 which does not bode well for the future of this app.

I use KeePassX which I find excellent for my purposes, though I see
from their home page [2] that the latest news is 2010 so perhaps there
is something more current.

[1] http://projects.netlab.jp/gpass/
[2] http://www.keepassx.org/

Colin