Why "alternate"and not "alternative" CD?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 19:50:07 UTC 2012

On 02/09/2012 02:23 PM, Douglas Pollard wrote:
> On 02/09/2012 01:07 PM, compdoc wrote:
>>> With English not being my native language, I think the proper term for
>>> "alternate CD" is "alternative CD". Why "alternate" is used instead?
>> I think either word is appropriate. It might depend on where in the world
>> the person lives as to which they use.
>>

> Seems like to me that alternate Cd is correct. It is an alternate cd so
> is an alternative to the other. Is one a noun and the other a verb? Doug

At least our non-native English speaking community can gain a sense of
relief as we struggle to deal with our own language. Me, I can only cuss
and count to ten in Mandarin. For them to master English as well as
their own tongue is one heckuva accomplishment. My hat is off to you
all. Good on you! :) Ric