OT re top-posting. was Re: Firefox and NoScript??

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 21:23:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Gmail hides all of that from me. It's not hard to get it back, but it's
>> > not
>> > automatic either. This may be the wave of the future, whether we like it
>> > or
>> > not. With 10 GB and climbing of free space on gmail even permanently
>> > archiving all of the lists I belong to, my percent usage keeps dropping.
>>
>> It's not storage space that I'm concerned about, it's relevance and
>> clarity. Furthermore, the Ubuntu guidelines state that we should trim
>> our replies.
>
> And there's the rub. You (over-)trimmed my message to remove the part where
> I said exactly the same thing (I'll do it as long as its in the guidelines).
> Makes me look more of a fool than I am. Maybe you didn't think it was
> relevant what I wrote. I do.
>
> This is an example of why I don't follow the obsessive approach to trimming.

I trimmed out this nonsense:

<begin>
With terrabytes of local storage if that should fall away, at roughly
$100/TB. With really fast home iternet. I think the world no longer cares
to trim its storage so much. I'll do it as long as it's in the guidelines
for the list -- I'm just saying.

Reminds me though, of when I was a backpacker and we'd sometimes talk about
trimming the margins from our maps to cut down on weight.
</end>

So you claim to follow the guidelines but don't...

Plonk!