How to Auto-Mount Box.net to Linux Desktop

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 7 16:41:24 UTC 2012

On 12/06/2012 05:10 PM, Sam Sebastian wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Dave Woyciesjes
> <woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net <mailto:woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
>
>          I've found 2 ways, for mounting a box.com <http://box.com>
>     filespace on Linux. The first, through Nautilus works nice. The
>     second uses devfs2 to mount into the filesystem.
>          Has anyone here actually done this? I'm running 12.04...
>
>     How to Auto-Mount Box.net to Linux Desktop
>     <http://maketecheasier.com/auto-mount-box-net-to-linux-desktop/2012/03/27>
>
>     Access box.com <http://box.com> (box.net <http://box.net>) from your
>     Ubuntu
>     <http://dev.modmancer.com/index.php/2011/12/17/access-box-com-box-net-from-your-ubuntu/>
>
>     <https://duckduckgo.com/?q=box.com+sync+client+for+linux&t=canonical>

> Being the creator of this program I think I'll just leave this here;
> https://github.com/sebastiansam55/boxlinux
>
> It's a terminal program that will download all of your files from
> Box.com to a directory that you choose; most of the info is in the
> README but I'll just summarize here;
>
> `boxlinux --setup` will set it up and auth you through the box website
>
> `boxlinux -u FILENAME` will upload a file to either the root directory
> or with the addition of the `--dir FOLDERNAME` to that directory.
>
> `boxlinux --sync` will download all of the files and folders into the
> directory setup with `--setup`
> There are also commands for downloading and listing files.
>
> Right now it doesn't check for when a file changes or for when a file is
> removed
>
> I'll add in deleting files and folders, also planning to add ability to
> make sharable links to files in your account, it was in previous
> versions but I recently changed a whole lot about the way the program
> works. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or bugs!

	Very interesting, thanks. But I'm going to try the route of using davfs
next. Mounting through Nautilus works & is nice for short term usage;
but some applications (like Thunderbird, trying to attach a file), can't
see that mount.
	So, it looks like by using davfs, I can mount it to ~/box. Then I can
change ~/Documents so it's a symlink to ~/box, and use it like any other
folder. Right?

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818